- Rona - Capital Building Supplies
- 4150 Cowart Road, Prince George, BC
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Candidate
- Job Type
An independently owned Rona location in Prince George, BC is driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and is committed to making a difference in our community.
You’ve got the talent and experience in our industry? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing team. Your voice will always be heard and valued.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is seeking to take the next step in their career who has a hands-on, collaborative approach and who enjoys interacting in-person with a variety of people.
Join our amazing team as a:
Reporting to the General Manager, and overseeing the accounting team, this position requires considerable financial expertise, with a highly analytical mindset used to question the status quo and put forward ideas and recommendations that will improve the efficiency and profitability of the company. This position will play an important role in the behind-the-scenes operations of an independently owned store in Prince George, a success story poised for growth.
Ideally, you have:
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) Designation (or in progress)
- Experience with Retail, Inventory and/or Supply Chain is an asset.
- Previous experience with POS (Epicor Eagle) and accounting systems will be beneficial.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting, and legislation.
- Experience in full-cycle accounting including all aspects of AR, AP and GL reconciliation, and Payroll.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office, and advanced skills with Excel, including Pivot tables.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (both in-person and written).
- Demonstrates the ability to work well under pressure, in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovates and thinks outside the box.
- Prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines and communicates well with supervisor and others on the status of workload.
- Shows strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Places a high degree of value on self-development and is not afraid to learn new skills.
- Proven skills in managing and mentoring a core accounting team.
- Flexibility and ability to extend standard business hours as required to meet routine and unexpected deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Currently eligible to work in Canada.
By joining our team, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- Relocation Allowance
- Exclusive employee discounts.
- Promotion of work-life balance.
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan.
- An employer that’s involved in the community.
- An inclusive and safe working environment.
- And much more!
To apply for this position please submit a resume, and cover letter by, June 25, 2023, to:
Diane Bourret, 3GreenLights Consulting
Check out what our community has to offer: www.moveupprincegeorge.ca
Capital Building Supplies 4150 Cowart Road, Prince George, BC