The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighborhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as nine sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, climbing centre, fitness centre, indoor playground, pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy, childcare, and registered preschool.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
The Glencoe Club is looking for a Full Time General Accountant. This role supports the Senior Accountants for both Clubs, as well as the rest of the Accounting Team in various month-end accounting and administrative tasks. This role is critical in that it requires a high level understanding of all accounting functions including AR and AP, and works closely with all team members to ensure monthly tasks are completed and deadlines are met.
- Continuous communication with Membership Team to ensure payments and payment plans are being processed appropriately
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations for both The Glencoe Club & The Glencoe Golf and Country Club
- Prepare internal bank transfers and electronic bill payments
- Build relationships with and follow-up on bank transactions with banks and third-party fund processors
- Maintain cash flow by monitoring bank balances and cash requirements, initiates transfer where required
- Complete weekly cash flow reports
- Monthly prepaid expense reconciliation
- Monthly gift card reconciliation
- Trust account reconciliation (Golf Club)
- Assistance with AR clearing tasks as required
- Administrative duties such as maintaining Neopost levels
- Maintain financial security by adhering to policies and procedures that are in place
- Be approachable and maintain lines of communication with all team members
- Assistance with AP tasks, from time to time as required
- Assist with audit preparations and attend inventory counts
- Support with process mapping and creating flowcharts to document systems of internal controls
- Other accounting or administrative projects as assigned by the Controller
- Train new accounting and administration staff as required
- Maintain confidentiality of member and accounting information
- Report back to Controller with any concerns or questions regarding the above, and use any feedback received to grow and improve
- Minimum 2-3 years accounting experience
- Minimum of an Accounting diploma or equivalent is required
- Enrolment in the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation in considered an asset
- Strong MS Office Excel, Outlook, and Word skills
- An understanding of GAAP and ASPE NPO accounting standards
- Experience posting journal entries, reconciling bank accounts, and reconciling balance sheet accounts
- A team player that promotes collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, self-review, and accuracy
- Ability to communicate with banks, third party fund processors, and software agents
- Willingness to learn from others and apply new knowledge to tasks
- Be proactive and problem solve with follow through to ensure resolution
- Ability to meet deadlines, and support others in meeting their deadlines
- Experience planning out monthly tasks and managing time to ensure a seamless workflow
- Working knowledge of internal controls, creating flowcharts and process mapping is an asset
- Ability to adapt to the Club’s unique accounting needs and software
This is a Full Time position Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm. During month end flexibility is essential. This applicant must be flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs, as well as a comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, personal days on top of vacation, and sick days for full time staff.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal background check, and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.