Project Cost Accountant
Job Title: Project Cost Accountant
About the Company
The Carrington Group has 50 years’ experience in real estate development with operations in single family, multi family, rental, infill development and land development operations. We foster a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
About the Position
The Project Cost Accountant is a member of the accounting team and will work with the Project Managers (PM) to ensure day-to-day accounting transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work closely with PM to prepare various monthly job cost reports and ensure they are coded correctly
* Generate and issue accurate invoices with appropriate supporting documentation
* Ensure monthly project cost billings are completed accurately and in a timely manner
* Maintain general ledger for multiple entities by inputting daily financial transactions
* Responsible for full cycle accounting including month-end close procedures
* Investigate/resolve financial problems and accounting transactions in accordance with company policies
* Perform variance analysis of financial results against budgets
* Ensure compliance with Federal and Provincial regulatory reporting requirements and tax filings including GST, PST
* Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual balance sheet account reconciliations, including but not limited to bank reconciliations and intercompany transactions
* Produce year-end working paper files and assist with preparation for independent accountant review
* Develop and maintain project specific reporting and analysis for internal clients
* Understand and maintain adequate and effective internal controls under the direction of the controller
* Examine, reconcile and adjust job costing to ensure accurate job costs
* Other projects and duties within the finance department as assigned
* Post-secondary education in Accounting or related field
* Recognized accounting designation or near completion.
* Minimum of three (3) years senior level accounting experience, preference for experience in a construction industry
* Proficient in the use of MS Office suite, especially Excel
* Experience working in an ERP system such as Sage Timberline is desired
* Experience with CaseWare is desired
* Experience putting together financial statements, analysis of financial results
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and personnel.
What we offer:
* Competitive salary
* Comprehensive Benefits, including extended health & dental, life and disability insurance, a flexible spending account and more.
* Health and Wellness Program.
* Company matched RRSP program.
* Paid training and development programs.
To apply, please submit visit us at https://www.carrington.ca/about-carrington/careers.
Only those who are legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered for employment. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not be considered.
The Carrington Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
STRONG \\ SOLID \\ SECURE \\ CARRINGTON.CA