Manager of Financial Reporting
Manager of Financial Reporting
Carrington Construction Canada
The Carrington Group has 50 years’ experience in real estate development with operations in single family, multi family, rental, infill development and land development operations. We foster a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
About the Position
The Manager of Financial Reporting is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of the Company’s financial reporting, budgeting and planning, and job costing; ensuring that company procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. They work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and other members of the management team to oversee and manage all daily operations of the finance and accounting department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of the business units.
- Lead the preparation, review and submission of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with GAAP or other relevant accounting standards.
- Collaborate with external auditors to facilitate the year-end process and address any inquiries related to financial statements and disclosures.
- Prepare and release consolidated annual, quarterly and monthly financial reporting packages (balance sheet & income statement) to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Stay up to date with changes in accounting standards and regulations to ensure the company's financial reporting remains compliant.
- Oversee the development and implementation of internal controls to safeguard financial reporting integrity.
- Drive process improvements within the financial reporting function to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Prepare financial analysis and bank reporting requirements where appropriate.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, such as Finance, Legal, and Operations, to gather information and insights for financial reporting.
- Write internal position papers for new accounting standards.
- Prepare additional internal reports such as return on capital, IRR and other financial matrix.
- Other duties within the finance department as assigned.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA) preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in financial reporting role or similar required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, or other relevant accounting standards required.
- Proven experience managing month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes required.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite, especially Excel
- Experience working in an ERP system such as Sage 300CRE (Timberline) is desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft D365 desired
- Knowledge of CaseWare desired
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present financial information to all stakeholders.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefits, including extended health & dental, life and disability insurance, a flexible spending account and more.
- Health and Wellness Program.
- Company matched RRSP program.
- Paid training and development programs.
To apply, please submit visit us at https://www.carrington.ca/about-carrington/careers.
Only those who are legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered for employment. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not be considered.
The Carrington Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
STRONG \\ SOLID \\ SECURE \\ CARRINGTON.CA