This is a permanent full-time accounting position. The Financial Analyst will require a solid understanding of accounting principles and practices and is responsible for accurate timely recording of transactions to support the needs of other teams. Experience with inventory, analysis, and data validation. You will be responsible for the application of accounting principles and practices in maintaining and updating of financial records within the accounting system. You will pursue continuous process improvements, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across the organization.
- Analyze performance of current system settings and established processes to look for improvement opportunities and ensure data quality
- Assist in creating and implementing policies & procedures to enhance internal controls in conjunction with Internal Audit
- Review processes to improve data quality and create efficiencies.
- Prepare various entries and accruals
- Analyze accounts and prepare account reconciliations using various software
- Respond to requests from internal stakeholders
- Provide data and support for quarterly and year end external audits
- Provide meaningful analysis, in-depth review and commentary on month-over-month variances
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly financial activities for including the preparation of financial reports, continuities, templates, and analysis
- Special projects and other activities as required
- At least 2-3 years of experience in an analytical role in Finance or Accounting
- Bachelor of Accounting/Finance
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Thrive on taking charge of your tasks while working independently or with a team
- Driven to take on a variety of tasks and projects
- Ability to problem solve and propose solutions
- Work well under the pressure of deadlines
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.