ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Req: 2143
Location: St. Albert Office
Division/Branch: Regulatory Services / Audit Services
Classification: Auditor 3 (562)
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $79,108.00 - $104,243.00 per annum
Closing Date: September 28, 2023
The AGLC is looking for an experienced Auditor to join our Compliance team in St. Albert. In this role, you will be reporting directly to the Manager, Compliance Audit and is responsible for conducting complex audits into licensees to ensure compliance based on the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act and the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Regulations, board directives and AGLC Terms & Conditions and Operating Guidelines.
You will have the opportunity to learn the unique compliance requirements, legislation and policy of compliance audit. If you are ready to expand your current skillset, engage in a variety of complex audits, and collaborate with a team of professionals, then we look forward to hearing from you.
The audits are performed with the objective of protecting the integrity of Alberta’s charitable gaming model and to ensure gaming funds are properly accounted for and used for eligible purposes. The audits will include verifying gaming funds are received, vouching that gaming expenditures exist and were spent on eligible purposes, interpreting legislation and policies, summarizing findings in a report and making recommendations from the findings.
Our ideal applicant is one who is ready for a challenge and contribute to an audit team responsible for conducting audits on AGLC licensed entities. In this role, you will provide knowledgeable advice to team members in completing audits and interpreting policies. You will possess a high degree of professionalism, expertise and analytical decision-making skills, as well as the ability to resolve conflict situations, exercise discretion, demonstrate good judgment, possess strong communication skills, and maintain confidentiality.
To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable assessing business plans, analyzing financial statements, performing ratio analysis and risk assessments. Candidates require a thorough knowledge of the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act and the Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Regulation.
Check out the Benefits and Perks that AGLC has to offer!
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) is required.
- 4 years’ experience in the auditing field with some accounting experience.
- 2 years of experience with regulatory audit is preferred.
- Fraud investigation (CFE) or Internal Audit Designation (CIA) are assets.
- You must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
- While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
CPA Articling Student
VKO LLP Chartered Professional Accoutants
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT
Analyst, Financial Reporting
Capital Power - 353284
Edmonton Chapter - Board / Executive Members
Edmonton Chapter of CPA Alberta
Senior Accountant, CPA
Radisson Hotels & Resorts