- Aman Builders
- Sherwood Park, AB
- Aman Builders
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
- Job Type
Sherwood Park, AB
AMAN Builders is an industry leader and one of Alberta`s quality construction companies that is built on a foundation of strong employee and client relationships. We have been recognized for demonstrating an outstanding commitment in leadership, our support for the global community and our green initiatives. Our employees are encouraged to grow and develop their careers, maintain a work-life balance, take an entrepreneurial approach to their work and to uphold our problem solving, family-oriented and team culture.
We are currently looking to add a hardworking, enthusiastic Controller to our Team. The Controller is responsible for directing, overseeing, organizing, and controlling the accounting and financial functions of the company including budget administration and management, financial reporting and analysis, cash flow/cash control, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, month-end financials, and bank reconciliations.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Developing, analyzing, and interpreting accounting information with the view to appraise and report the operation’s results including profitability, performance against budget, and matters relating to the company’s fiscal/financial stability and operating efficiency.
- Developing, implementing, and ensuring a system of financial controls appropriate to the operation.
- Performing month end/year end functions, such as preparation of financial statements, working papers, accruals & adjustments. Assisting the external accountant in the preparation of year-end financial statements.
- Performing job costing reviews to ensure revenues are captured and optimized.
- Overseeing payroll processing and employee benefits administration, responding to employee inquiries as needed.
- Preparing and posting journal entries, reconciling and adjusting general ledger accounts, reviewing bank reconciliations, bank deposits, and collections as required.
- Safeguarding compliance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and all applicable legislation.
- Preparing reports for other departments and operations leaders.
- Ensuring continued familiarity with the industry and organization’s operations.
- Attending and presenting at relevant senior level meetings.
- Supporting administration by completing required paperwork, and other documentation as required.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Include but are not limited to:
- 5 years previous experience in accounting at a senior level, is required.
- 2 years’ experience managing a team is required.
- Previous commercial and/or institutional construction experience is preferred.
- Completion of post-secondary studies in accounting is required. CPA designation is preferred.
- Must have a basic understanding of construction principles and procedures.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Professional.
- Working knowledge of laws and administrative policies governing financial practices and procedures is required.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities, as well as networking and relationship building skills is required.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to take initiative and work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Must have demonstrated the desire to be a lifelong learner.
- A strong service orientation, with a focus on making Aman Builders a respected and reputable construction company is required.
- Strong “team” orientation, with demonstrated group process skills; this includes participation in high level planning and group involvement processes is required.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to be respectful of diversity.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package with RRSP matching, AMAN Builders can offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values; Self-Motivation, Relationships, Challenge and Team.
If you believe that you could thrive in our environment, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for this position will be contacted directly.
More search results
CPA Articling Student
VKO LLP Chartered Professional Accoutants
JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT
Analyst, Financial Reporting
Capital Power - 353284
Edmonton Chapter - Board / Executive Members
Edmonton Chapter of CPA Alberta
Senior Accountant, CPA
Radisson Hotels & Resorts