- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Job Industry
- Public Practice
- CPA Status
- CPA Member, Non-member
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full-time
Yates Whitaker LLP Chartered Professional Accountants is a mid-sized boutique firm filled with a team of enthusiastic and entrepreneurial individuals. We are located in the heart of Old Strathcona, have been in business for over 27 years and we continuously strive to grow the firm through expansion of departments/niches. We are dedicated to and knowledgeable in our specialty areas and we pride ourselves on being focused on our clients and our staff.
We are a firm with 40+ team members. We value our team and the work they do, while giving them opportunities for career growth along the way. All of this, while we continue to ensure that the best needs of our clients are being met through the Individual, Business and Not for Profit services we offer.
We are currently looking for a Bookkeeping Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will oversee our bookkeeping department, manage employees and workflow, while having a hands-on role in bookkeeping and payroll transactions. You will liaise with and provide advice to our clients and assist in growing our bookkeeping team. We are looking for someone who has managerial experience running an accounting or bookkeeping department. The successful candidate will have exceptional internal and external client relationship building skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks on an ongoing basis. If you have managed a team, can multi-task, take initiative and mentor & train staff, then this is the opportunity for you!
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day functions of the bookkeeping department
- Managing the workflow of bookkeeping files and reviewing bookkeeping transactions
- Onboarding new bookkeeping and payroll clients
- Completing online and desktop bookkeeping transactions
- Preparing financial information and filing GST returns
- Processing payroll for some of our clients
- Building internal and external client relationships
- Liaising with clients and providing professional advice on their bookkeeping and payroll needs
- Identifying bookkeeping and/or payroll related issues and coming up with solutions
- Assisting with recruitment for the bookkeeping department and onboarding & training new hires
- Ensuring bookkeeping employees are cross-trained, coached and mentored on an ongoing basis
- Assisting and training members of the bookkeeping team as needed
- Other tasks as they arise
The Skills you should have:
- An Accounting diploma or degree
- 5+ years of managerial experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor Online (QBO) certification
- Payroll experience with certification or willingness to enroll in the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation program within the first year of employment
- Excellent leadership, communication, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Proficiency in QBO, Sage 50 and MS Excel
- Experience working in a Professional Services firm would be an asset
At Yates Whitaker LLP, we offer competitive salaries, professional development opportunities, benefits, matching RRSP contributions and more.
If you are interested in joining our fast paced, energetic environment, please submit your cover letter (stating your salary expectations) and resume (as one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you do not phone us at this time, but please feel free to check us out at www.yateswhitaker.ca. We will continue to recruit for this position until we find a suitable candidate.
Thank you for your interest in Yates Whitaker LLP Chartered Professional Accountants. We hope to meet you soon!