Applications are invited for the position of Secretary Treasurer in Edson, in the Grande Yellowhead Public School Division. Duties will commence immediately.
Guided by the Division's vision, mission, beliefs, values, and goals, the Secretary Treasurer will assist and report to the Superintendent in fulfilling the general and specific aspects of the role.
The position is responsible for all functions relating to the budgeting, accounting, finance, payroll, accounts payable, facilities, OH&S, FOIP, relevant policy development, staff negotiations, transportation and providing corporate services for the Board of Trustees. The Secretary Treasurer is an integral part of the senior administrative leadership team, delivering measurable results aligned with the School Board’s mission, vision and strategic direction.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure the fiscal management of the Division is in accordance with the terms or conditions of any funding received.
- Produce financial accountability and other reports in compliance with all legal and Ministerial mandates and timelines, and Superintendent directives.
- Assist principals with preparation of budgets and the management of their financial affairs.
- Provide leadership in the development of annual updates to the Three-Year Capital Plan, including provisions for instructional and support services.
- In collaboration with the Superintendent, develop an administration budget within the parameters and constraints of the Division budget.
- Ensure Division compliance with the requirements of Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensure the maintenance, access and protection of records in accordance with the FOIP Act and Regulations.
- Oversee contracts and agreements, including administration lease agreements, and service contracts;
- Oversee Payroll and Benefits team, including the approval and payment of employee salaries and wages, and administration of employee benefit programs;
- Exhibit a high level of personal, professional and organizational integrity.
- Handle other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a post-secondary degree with a major in accounting, finance, or administration.
- Have Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
- Have strong knowledge and practice in principles of statute law and parliamentary procedures.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build, establish and maintain collaborative, service-oriented relationships with all stakeholders.
- Have strong Problem-solving and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve high standards of service and performance.
- Have high degree of integrity and the ability to ensure confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Experience in an educational environment, including knowledge and skill with various management functions, accounting systems and staff supervision would be a definite asset.
Salary range for this position is based on relevant education and experience: $120,000-170,000.
Please visit http://www.gypsd.ca for more information about our schools.
Grande Yellowhead Public School Division (GYPSD) stretches from Jasper National Park, east to Evansburg, south of Cadomin, and northwest to Grande Cache. The jurisdiction includes 17 schools, 5 Learning Connection Centres, approximately 5000 students and 600 staff. The Division is governed by seven elected Trustees.
The Board’s four priorities are:
- Student Learning
- Teacher, Support Staff, and Leader Excellence
- Community Engagement
- System Health and Wellness
Please submit a cover letter and resume and a copy of relevant educational qualifications/certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by Noon on November 30, 2023. Resume must highlight professional qualifications, relevant training and experience, and three current references that provide permission to contact.
Original Job Posting can be found HERE.
In accordance with Board Policy, the successful applicant will be required to provide the following:
- a Vulnerable Sector Check
- a Child Intervention Record Check
Thank you in advance to all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.